Listen to K92 between 6:00AM and 6:00PM weekdays
for us to play the same song twice in a row.
When we mess up, be caller 92
at 540-774-92FM or 800-468-92FM
and you'll WIN $5,000!
WXLK “K92 $5,000.00 Mistake” Contest Rules
Beginning Thursday September 12th 2013 and ending no later than Friday, September 27, 2013.
Listen to win between the hours of 6am and 6pm weekdays.
K92 contests are open to anyone living and / or working in the K92 listening area. Some contests are subject to an age and / or other requirements which will be broadcast on K92 and posted at the
K92 Building, 3934 Electric Road SW. Roanoke, Virginia 24018.
1. K92 allows only one winner per household per contest unless otherwise specified. Waiting periods for becoming eligible to win again are listed below.
2. No purchase necessary. Void where state or other local law prohibits.
3. Employees of Mel Wheeler Inc. d.b.a. WXLK, K92 (and from here on referred to as “K92”), and its agencies, agents, representatives, sponsors and their families within the same household are ineligible to win.
4. Winner will be responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes pertaining to prize(s) won.
5. Prize(s) may not be exchanged, substituted or refunded unless otherwise specified. K92 reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if circumstances warrant.
6. K92 will award 1 (one) $5,000.00 prize to the 92nd caller when we play the same song twice back to back. Callers must begin calling once the song PLAYS IN ITS ENTIRETY the 2nd time, NOT when the song BEGINS playing the second time. Caller 92, once it’s been determined that the contestant has met eligibility requirements, will win the prize. Prize will be awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner. Only residents in the Commonwealth of Virginia will be eligible to win this contest, and a state issued picture ID will be required to claim prize check.
7. Participants of K92 contests and promotions must be at least 18 years old, 21 where required, and can win only once every 30 days for all prizes unless otherwise specified. Previous K92 Cash winners of amounts over $1,000.00 are not eligible to participate in this contest.
8. The K92 management reserves the right to withhold prize(s) from any contest winner as a result of giving false information upon winning the prize(s).
9. All prize claims are subject to verification. A valid photo ID Driver’s License is required or two forms of other ID . One being photo, other either Birth Certificate or Social Security Card.
10. Prizes cannot and will not be transferred to anyone else. If you decide that you cannot use or do not want your prize won, the prize will be forfeited. You are, however, still ineligible to win again for thirty (30) days.
11. All prizes are forfeited unless claimed within 30 days or unless prior arrangements are made.
12. K92 disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete a phone call whether due to telephone equipment or overload and / or malfunction, busy lines, or delays in radio broadcast transmission resulting from streaming the signal over the internet."
13. The winner waives any and all claims of liability against K92, its affiliated companies, its employees, and agents for any accident, loss or injury occurring as a result or consequences of any contest or prize(s). K92 also remains harmless for any contest conducted with a sponsor or third party affiliate, where the delivery of the prize becomes impossible and / or substitution is necessary due to cancellation of event, failure to deliver, act of God, or any other reason in which K92 had no prior knowledge or reason to believe this type of occurrence would take place.
14. Acceptance of prize (s) constitutes permission of K92, it’s sponsors and its agencies to use winner name, voice, and / or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
15. Calling the K92 studio lines for contest participation or otherwise, gives consent to record and/or broadcast telephone calls on air without further acknowledgement or notification. *i.e. (540) 774-92FM (9236) (800) 468-92FM (9236)
16. By participating in a K92 contest, participants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of K92 management. Rules are subject to change.
17. All prizes can be claimed at the K92 Building at 3934 Electric Road SW, Roanoke, Virginia 24018 during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30 pm), unless otherwise specified, and/or arranged with the K92 Business Office.
18. Odds of winning a K92 contest will depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating in the given contest.
19. Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the U S Postal Service or other reputable courier/delivery service.
20. These rules are set forth to offer our listeners the most fairness possible, and to offer the most amount of listeners a chance at winning. K92 reserves the right to suspend anyone’s winning privileges for a set period of time for misuse or misrepresentation while participating in a contest, and the period can be extended for repeat offenders.
21. All K92 contests, either on air or on location, are represented by the same rules. Age can vary depending on contest and/or promotion, whether it is conducted on air or on location.
22. Any discrepancies, conflicts, or confusion in relation to any contest, will be referred to K92 Programming management of K92 ( Mel Wheeler Inc. d.b.a. WXLK) is FINAL.
Contest is open to Virginia residents ONLY living in the following counties/cities: *Alleghany, Amherst, Appomattox, Bath, Bedford, Bedford City, Bland, Botetourt, Buckingham, Buena Vista City, Campbell, Carroll, Charlotte, Covington City, Craig, Cumberland, Floyd, Franklin, Galax City, Giles, Grayson, Halifax, Henry, Highland, Lexington City, Lynchburg City, Martinsville City, Montgomery, Nelson, Pittsylvania, Prince Edward, Pulaski, Radford City, Roanoke, Roanoke City, Rockbridge, Salem City, Wythe.