WXLK / K92 Name Call Out Contest Rules
The following stipulates contest rules for the Name Call-Out Contest promotion featured on WXLK – K92. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
- K92 is located at 3934 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA 24018. Normal business hours are 8:30am until 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- All monies won via the Name Call Out Contest will be mailed directly to the winner from K92.
- Designated representative: In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to claim prizes. K92 will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
- All K92 contests are open to any and all K92 listeners, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., it’s agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- K92 is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible mail of facsimile entries, and K92 disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that K92 has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of K92.
- Any person calling K92’s contest line, 540-774-9236, or 1-800-468-9236, gives consent to being recorded and/or broadcast without notification or compensation.
- Listeners can enter the Name Call Out Contest by “liking” K92 – WXLK 92.3FM on Facebook. Once a “like” has been sent, the corresponding profile is considered a contestant. Members of the K92 Loyal Listener Club are also eligible as contestants.
- Contestants from previous campaigns are eligible to win.
- Name Call Out will begin on October 31, 2016 and end on November 25, 2016.
- Contestants must listen for their name to be called at :10 past the hour between 9A and 6P. If/ when they hear their name, they have 10 minutes to call 540-774-9236, or 1-800-468-9236. If they call back within 10 minutes, they win $100.
- The jock on-air during that particular time will be the official timekeeper. If a time is disputed, please contact the K92 offices at (540) 774-9200.
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest.
- Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must also provide ID and sign appropriate release forms.
- All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. K92 is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30 day grace period.
- All major prizes (valued at $100.00 or more) will be given away by K92. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- K92 may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any K92 contest is void where prohibited by law.
- K92/Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of K92, and may be enacted at any time.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendums are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- K92 is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received
- Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. K92 is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
- WXLK is not responsible for replacing or substituting tickets and/ or passes won to an event, a concert, a festival or public happening that is canceled due to Covid-19 restrictions and mandates.
Revised February 24, 2021